What is Canbus?
MagicPhoenix add the canbus option in the kit from June 2022, it’s a separate board on toolhead which have heater/fans mos, stepper driver, and RGB/endstop etc. pins.
The pros of Canbus toolboard:
- It simplifies the wiring and replaces the previous dozen/even twenty wires with only four wires.
- The reduction of wires means that the probability of broken wires in the drag chain is greatly reduced.
- We don’t need XY cable chains anymore, it reduce around 150g, allow a higher print speed.
The cons of Canbus toolboard:
- It is still a new thing in the world of 3D printing, you may encounter unprecedented problems, we will help but at your own risk.
- Additional heat dissipation is required in high temperature chamber environments. (chamber temp>65C*)
*in a completely closed voron, the chamber temp is about 50-60C when printing ABS, when printing PA and other high-temp materials, it may be more than 60C
*Even so, unless you plan to print PEEK, we still recommend using Canbus toolboard, just add an extra 3010 fan for it.
USB or Canbus?
We only sell Canbus version and only support Canbus version.
In Voron 2.4, the default endstop is at XY joint, but now we don’t have XY chains, so they need to have a new home.
X Endstop : From 2.4R2, vorondesign add X endstop mount at toolhead.
Y Endstop: We made a PCB at A drive, it allows Y endstop and an extra chamber thermistor.
You don”t need XY chains, and use the 10×11 one for Z.